Changes in Twitterrific 5 for iOS and macOS (updated August 2018)
Due to changes in the Twitter API (application programming interface), Twitterrific for iOS and macOS will no longer support the following features as of August 23rd, 2018. The features affected are:
- Push Notifications
- Live Streaming
What does this mean for you?
- You can no longer be notified when someone likes one of your tweets, quotes you, replies to you, retweets, sends you a direct message or follows you.
- Because Push Notifications also powered the Today view (iOS) and our Apple Watch app (iOS), both of these have been retired as of the version 5.20 update.
- Tweets will no longer stream in real time onto your Timeline.
- Direct Messages will be delayed by up to two minutes.
Can anything be done to re-enable these features?
- Unfortunately, there is no workaround to re-enable this feature.
- As of version 6.0 (iOS) and version 5.3.3 (macOS), Twitterrific automatically refreshes the Timeline every four minutes. This also applies to Twitter Lists, which is a change from previous versions.
We will publish additional Knowledge Base articles to help users with this transition as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.