Software Product Query (Twitterrific)

eblair

14 Feb, 2012 02:34 PM

Quick keyboard focus bug on Twitterrific for Mac in Lion.

If you bring up a popup for a tweet (either Conversation or Replies), switch to another space, switch back to the space containing Twitterrific, you can navigate the tweet list using the keyboard (up and down arrays) even though the popup is still displayed.

The normal behavior (without switching spaces) is for the up and down arrows to do nothing while the popup's displayed (except beep at you).

Also, let me throw in a feature request to allow keyboard navigation of the popup. It's a bit annoying that I can do pretty much everything in the app via the keyboard, but I need to switch the trackpad to view a long conversation/reply list.

--Eric

1. 1 Posted by Kelly on 16 Feb, 2012 08:38 PM

Eric,

What versions of Lion and Twitterrific are you running? If we need to test on our end I want to make sure we're covering it as closely as possible.

Thanks,
    -Kelly Iconfactory Support

2. Kelly closed this discussion on 16 Feb, 2012 08:38 PM.

3. eblair re-opened this discussion on 16 Feb, 2012 08:47 PM

4. 2 Posted by eblair on 16 Feb, 2012 08:47 PM

It should be the latest of both - 10.7.3 and 4.4.6. I'm on vacation without my laptop this week, so I can't confirm right now.

--Eric

5. 3 Posted by Kelly on 21 Feb, 2012 07:04 PM

Eric,

Can you confirm versions now? If so, please let me know the software versions and also what hardware you're using.

-Kelly

6. Kelly closed this discussion on 21 Feb, 2012 07:04 PM.

7. eblair re-opened this discussion on 22 Feb, 2012 02:08 AM

8. 4 Posted by eblair on 22 Feb, 2012 02:08 AM

Yeah, I just got back to my laptop earlier today.

Twitterrific for Mac 4.4.6.
    Mac OS X 10.7.3
    Hardware MacBookPro4,1

The attached video shows what I'm talking about. Obviously, you can't see me hitting the arrow keys, but the beeps prior to switching spaces are caused by the arrow keys, as is the scrolling after switching spaces.

--Eric

9. 5 Posted by Kelly on 25 Feb, 2012 12:57 AM

Eric,

At the moment you are up against a bug; improving the keyboard control is on our roadmap for future releases. I can't tell you what release they are scheduled for, or when that release will come out, but I guarantee it's on the list.

If you come across anything else in the future, please let us know.

Thanks,
    -Kelly

10. Kelly closed this discussion on 25 Feb, 2012 12:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac