Software Product Query (Twitterrific)

Craig S. Bosma

14 Jul, 2011 11:41 PM

Feature suggestion:

I often read Twitterrific by scrolling while the app remains a background window. Yet I have to click the menubar icon to clear the 'unread' status (blue icon). It would be helpful it Twitterrific could clear the unread indicator when scrolling to the top of the list.

Thanks,
Craig Bosma

1. 1 Posted by support on 15 Jul, 2011 01:46 PM

Hi Craig

Thanks for writing in.

That's actually what Twitterrific should do. You must be having some kind of glitch.

Can you do a clean install to see if the problem continues?

Thank you,
    ~Iconfactory Support

2. support closed this discussion on 15 Jul, 2011 01:46 PM.

3. Craig S. Bosma re-opened this discussion on 15 Jul, 2011 02:15 PM

4. 2 Posted by Craig S. Bosma on 15 Jul, 2011 02:15 PM

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I did a clean install and it still behaves the same way -- as long as Twitterrific remains in the background, the unread state of the menubar icon remains, even after scrolling to the top (using the mouse wheel, so it remains in the background). As soon as Twitterrific is brought to the foreground (by clicking on the window or menubar icon), the unread state is cleared.

FYI I should have mentioned I'm on 10.7 GM, but I believe the behavior was the same on 10.6.

Thanks,
    Craig

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Gedeon on 17 Jul, 2011 06:00 PM

Craig,

There are no "read" or "unread" states any longer in Twitterrific. There is only "new since the last refresh" and so you will see a status number most times you look at the app. We removed read and unread because people were constantly feeling like they had to mark tweets as read to keep up. Difficult enough on the Mac desktop, but very painful on iOS. Hope this helps.

6. Gedeon closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2011 06:00 PM.

7. Craig S. Bosma re-opened this discussion on 18 Jul, 2011 01:40 PM

8. 4 Posted by Craig S. Bosma on 18 Jul, 2011 01:40 PM

Gedeon,

I get the "new since last refresh" concept and like it, but I think the point I was trying to make still stands: it would be helpful (to me at least) if the "new" state were cleared when scrolling to the top, even when Twitterrific remains in the background.

Craig

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by Gedeon on 18 Jul, 2011 01:57 PM

Ah, I understand now. We'll put your request on the list and give it a look over at our next review. Thanks for the feedback, take care and keep visiting!

10. Gedeon closed this discussion on 18 Jul, 2011 01:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac